Wednesday, April 19

❖ Global Design Project Weekly Challenge ❖
# GDP083

Good Morning all,

Today I am here to show you my entry for this weeks Global Design Project. 

The key feature for this week was sparkle! One of my favourite things obviously!! :) I also wanted to try something different. I came up with the above design.

What I have done has most likely been done before, but I have not seen it. It is using a die cut as a mask template for colour and to emboss with.

I used the long strip die from the Swirly Scribbles Thinlits Die set from Stampin' Up for my template.

Swirly Scribbles Thinlits Dies

I love the finished effect of my card front and I really liked using the same die cut to emboss the corners of the card with Silver Embossing Powder. That is definitely some sparkle there! :)


Card base is Black card stock measuring 12 x 6 inches (30 1/2 x 15.3 cms)

Score this at 6 inches (15.3 cms)

Layer piece is Wisteria Wonder card stock measuring 5 3/4 x 5 3/4 inches (14 1/2 x 14 1/2 cms)

Card front is a piece of Whisper White card stock measuring 5 1/2 x 5 1/2 inches (14 x 14 cms)

With a scrap piece of Whisper White card stock. Cut out the swirly strip from the framelits set.

Starting in the bottom left hand corner. Lay the die cut onto the card front across the width of the card. 

Using a Wisteria Wonder ink pad and either a dauber or sponge. Dab the ink all over the die cut. Making sure to hold your die cut in place.

Turn the card front anti clockwise and repeat. Do this on each corner.

Using the same die cut and a Bermuda Bay ink pad. Do the above technique in opposite corners of the card front, but this time place the cut out piece diagonally. I did the top left corner and the bottom right.

You will go over the Wisteria Wonder ink but this will all go towards the finished effect of the card.

In the middle of the card front; again using the same piece of cut out card stock. Use a Marina Mist ink pad and dab over the cut out to make three diagonal patterns through the middle of the card front.

Turn your piece of cut out card stock over so the side that you inked is facing down.

The corners that you have placed the Bermuda Bay colour, Dab over your cut out stencil with Versamark.

Sprinkle over Silver Embossing Powder and shake the excess off.

Use a heat tool on the embossing powder until all of it has turned into a beautiful shiny silvery pattern.

Set your card front aside to fully dry.

Whilst waiting. Die cut the biggest dragonfly from the framelits die set called Detailed Dragonfly out of Black card stock.

Also cut two of the smaller dragonfly out; also in black card stock.

Time to build the card :)

Using tear and tape, attach the piece of Wisteria Wonder card stock to the card base.

With dimensionals, adhere the card front onto the piece of Wisteria Wonder.

With a fine tip glue pen, glue the piece of cut out card stock that you have been using to mask across the centre of the card front. (Because of the colours you have used on your card. This piece will now be a beautiful purply turquoise colour)

Now glue the three dragonflies onto your card.


This sentiment is from the stamp set Dragonfly Dreams.
Dragonfly Dreams Photopolymer Stamp Set
I stamped this is Black ink onto a piece of Whisper White card stock.

Ink the edges using Wisteria Wonder and Bermuda Bay ink so that it mirrors your card front.

Back your sentiment onto a piece of black card stock and adhere onto your card front using dimensionals.


Your beautiful multi coloured card is now made.

I adore how this card turned out and I am very tempted to keep this one for myself :)

I hope you have enjoyed todays tutorial and as always I will list all products that I have used down below. If you wish to purchase any of the items, all you have to do is click on the photo and you will be transferred to where you can buy them :)

I shall see you all tomorrow

Take care and Always sparkle.


Product List


  1. Loving that beautiful background Stacey. Great idea to utilise die cuts in this way! It is the perfect background for your Dragonflies. Thank you so much for playing along again with this week's Global Design Project challenge!